But I do have a secret... I never would have made it up without Vance. Yes, I know that's obvious. Someone has to belay, right?! BUT... I always thought it would be Vance belaying as I led the climb, since I have more "top roping" experience and all, lol.
Well it started off that way... but I just couldn't do it. After about 20 feet and two clips up, I just froze! It wasn't that the climb was physically too difficult, but mentally. I totally panicked and told Vance I had to come down NOW, lol...
Luckily my lack of confidence wasn't that big of a deal, because Vance just scurried on up that wall. Part of me wondered whether he is a bit insane, or just very brave. Seriously though, I was very impressed :) Oh, and I decided it's definitely bravery!
Vance at the top of his first LEAD climb! Yeah baby, ROCK ON!

Just chillin on the way back down :)

Me on the way up... I didn't want to let go of the wall though :)

Maybe I couldn't lead it today, but next time fo sure SUCKA!

If you look closely, just above Vance's head you can see people climbing the wall we were on earlier that day (they're little whitish dots on the orange rocks). Sweetness!
3 comments:
Hey! I'm glad you found me. I can't believe how many bloggers are out there now...so fun! I would LOVE to get some family pictures taken. I just had a friend do my girls a couple of weeks ago and was thinking we should do some of he whole fam. I saw a couple of Marleens girls that you did and they were beautiful! Let me know! (Your girls are darling!)
Great Pictures...I love the brightness of the colors! Very Cool!
I am so jealous that it is warm enough for you guys to go climbing. Still way too cold for me here in Utah. Maybe I will talk Pete into taking a trip to Vegas here soon.
Post a Comment