Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kelsey's Ride :)

We bought this bike about two years ago for Kelsey, and haven't gotten much use out of it, until now :) For the longest time her legs weren't long enough to reach the pedals, and when she finally could she was pretty timid about the whole experience... so the bike has been banished to the garage this entire time.

Last week I decided that she was never going to learn unless I, as her mom, gave her a fair chance. So... everyday this week we've pulled out the bike and she has ridden to the mailbox with me.

The first two days I had to push her up the hills, and hold on to her on the way down because she was petrified of crashing. If you don't know Kelsey well, she is what I would call a dramatic child... so learning to ride a bike was filled with extreme frustration combined with yelling, moaning and groaning. I don't know if I could have handled that for another day, lol.

Luckily a spark of bravery emerged, and on day 3 she was a completely different child. I was in shock how quickly she got over her fears! She beats me to the mailbox and back every time now, and has mastered her braking ability down the hills. I'm very proud of my crazy girl :) BMX World Championships here we come!

Today I decided to bust out the camera because she insisted on wearing her Cinderella dress while riding her bicycle... too darn cute not to document!



My cheeseball poser :)


Very ladylike, lol


Riding your bike in a dress has benefits... air conditioning!

2 comments:

Erin Fugal said...

how cute- yes i can imagine the drama ;)
jonathan just inherited a big bike yesterday and we got him his helmet- he's already crashed but he's so excited about it- how cool they're doing the same thing at the same time :-)

Tanya said...

i love it! kelsey is sooo funny!