Friday, January 25, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Vegas is awesome! Since we moved here eight months ago we have seen more friends and family than you could imagine. We seriously have not gone more than a couple of weeks without someone dropping by. It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced!

The funny thing is... I've had multiple people ask me if it's getting old, or if we're sick of people calling up at the last minute. But the honest truth is, we LOVE it! Vance and I are social, what can I say :) We love people, and especially our family and friends. So keep coming, our doors will always be open and we'll be ready to party!

Our most recent visitor was my brother, Monte. He was in town for a convention, and yesterday we were lucky enough to be able to hang with him for the evening.

We had plans to climb at the rock gym, and instead of changing things up we just invited my bro to join us. Monte's always been the adventurous type, so I figured he'd be up for the challenge. And he definitely was... seeing how he pretty much out climbed us that night :)

The girls came along with us, and we decided to let Kelsey brave the wall for her very first time. Here she is inspecting the knots Vance tied for her.

She did a great job! I was super excited as I watched her use every muscle in her little body to climb up the wall.


She held on for dear life while she climbed, and then at one point she started to panic. Then all at once her muscles gave out against her will, and she was forced to surrender to gravity. When the rope caught her fall she screamed, and then giggled anxiously as Vance lowered her to the ground. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.




Here I am posing for the camera instead of watching Monte, as I lowered him carefully down the wall :) Notice Whitney strutting her stuff in the background. She saw this place as a giant playpen and attempted to conquer ever square inch of it, lol.


And of course, I had to get a few climbs in myself. You gotta love the harness shots... they're always so becoming don't you thing?



Here's my bro Monte showing us all up. He actually convinced us to do an incline route Vance and I had never attempted before. And I am proud to say all three of us succeeded :)



Here's Vance coming down after a wicked climb. I loved watching these two guys try to untie their knots that night. It made for a good laugh when they couldn't muster the strength to undo it alone, lol.



Whitney had a good time cruising around the gym too. The sloped flooring taught her an intense lesson on the effects of gravity, but the good news is she learned from her mistake :)



Here are my girls chillin' while we took turns climbing.


After climbing we headed out to the Hard Rock Cafe for some fine dining. It was a good night!

2 comments:

Sandy Cove said...

It looks like you guys had a blast climbing. Pete and I can hardly wait to come out and visit again and go on another climbing adventure.

Anonymous said...

hey mindy
i think we'll have to join your circle of friends ;-) and come for a visit for a couple of nights. my brother is graduating up there in june and i'm not sure we have plans yet of where we're going to stay. It sounds like you guys are having so much fun- Woohoo. It's so fun to hear your updates through your blog-keep it coming