Seriously... I need a break! The past week has been a blur for me, nothing but nonstop action. If you want the details, read on :)
Friday - I spent the ENTIRE day packing up my apartment in preparation for our big move. Nuff said, right?!
Saturday - Woke up at the painful hour of 5am, drove to the airport and caught my plane to San Francisco. I spent the whole day photographing a wedding, which was great fun of course... but also exhausting! After the wedding I met up with my sister-n-laws around 10pm. And of course, we stayed up until the ridiculous hour of 2am chatting away :) It was so good to see them again!
Sunday - Sometime around 7am I woke up to my adorable little nephew's cry. It was just as if I was at home sweet home :) I couldn't fall back asleep, but I tried for a couple more hours anyway, lol. Later that afternoon, my sister-n-law and her husband took me to the city to see a few of the sights. We only had a few hours before my flight, but I had an amazing time.
When I got to the airport I found out my plane was delayed until 10pm, yuck... By the time I arrived back in Vegas I was beyond dragging. In fact, I made it all the way to the economy parking lot before I realized I forgot to pick up some of my luggage at baggage claim. Yeah... I think I was pretty much wasted, lol!
So then I arrive home to discover my apartment completely empty! Vance had packed everything up in the U-Haul. Although I was amazed and incredibly thankful that he had somehow pulled that off... at that very moment all I wanted was MY BED!! With no other option, I spent the night sleeping on a bean bag :)
Monday - We got the keys to our new house!! Vance and I started early and unpacked the moving van, cleaned up our old apartment and attempted to get some sense of organization in our new house. I stayed up until 1am unpacking my kitchen before I collapsed into bed :)
Tuesday - Now some people might think I'm insane, and I had a few moments believing it myself... but Tuesday morning we packed up a few bags and drove to Park City, Utah leaving the ENORMOUS mess behind. My immediate family had rented a cabin and I just couldn't miss the party! It was a great reunion, and we all played hard and non-stop. And no... we didn't sleep :)
Friday - Vance somehow drove us all home without falling asleep at the wheel. Miracles do happen, lol! About two hours after we walked in the door, I walked right back out to do a big photo shoot for a new wedding venue here in Vegas. On the way home I stopped by our new favorite store, Lowes, to pick up a few more of the many items we seem to need.... I think my bank account is worn out too :)
Today - I've been editing photos, unpacking boxes and cleaning this mess of a house. The home we bought was a forclosure, and it's pretty filthy... even after we paid a maid to clean it up! If we hadn't saved such an incredible amount of money on this place, you'd hear some seriuos complaining from me right now. This is mild, trust me!
My most exciting cleaning project today was the dishwasher. I found broken glass, silverware, chicken bones and many other unrecognizable objects in my newly acquired dishwasher. Truly disgusting! Who lives like that by the way?! Anyway, after some serious scrubbing and two rounds of Jet Dry, I think it might actually be capable of cleaning my dishes now :)
Now I just have to finish editing a wedding, continue marketing my new business, wash my filthy walls, paint my house, rip out the carpet, install our new flooring.... will the insanity ever end!?!?!?
Well, I better put my kids to bed... I'm pretty sure they're tired :)
P.S. I have TONS of pictures to post... but I can't tell you when I'll get to it!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow what a crazy week!!!
Wow! Sounds like you guys are crazy busy. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house.
Sounds like lots of fun.! Your summer has been quit busy. We missed you at the Giles reunion. Jessica and Jeff just closed on a forclosure house as well so they have been doing all that cleaning and painting this week as well. Good luck with everything.
Hey, I'm glad we could help along your exhaustion by conning you into coming out here to do a wedding! lol Oh, Mindy...just another day in paradise, right?!
Post a Comment