Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Climbing even closer to home!

Last week we discovered that there are sport climbs on Lone Mountain, which is literally two minutes from our house! The best part is that a few of the climbs aren't too difficult, so we can actually lead it. Sweetness, I know :)

We took my niece with us to try out the new spot for the first time and had a blast! Here she is with Vance, preparing to climb real rocks for the first time ever!

And she did awesome... total natural!

Here she is at a tricky spot, getting advice from down below :)

Kelsey even requested to climb, and she was very brave!

Little Whitney just hung out and ate some dirt, lol

Vance and I climbed too... I swear, lol! We just didn't get any pics of ourselves...

Anyway, I'm so excited that we found another great place to climb here in Vegas! Besides the graffiti and the leftover beer bottles from all the local parties, it rocks :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Lone mountain is great! Speaking of parties... My friend and I ( maybe a year out of high school ) did a night climb. The guys thought it would be cool to bring stuff up and build a fire. So they did. Less then ten minuets later there was The Wonderful Metropolitan Police Department, with the helicopter and everything. We totally though we were going to get arrested! Well I guess they were just making sure we were ok. They get calls from the people who live near by all the time saying that they think someone is stranded on the mountain. I found this out when Ryan and I went on a fly-along with Metro. Man I had a flash back to the day I thought I was getting arrested!