Wow, I haven't posted a blog in WAY too long. I owe all of my faithful readers a sincere apology for my negligence. Ah, who am I kidding right, lol!
Well, before I hit the sack tonight I thought I'd give y'all an update. Lately I've been incredibly busy, due almost entirely to my job. At one point I even started working from home in addition to working full time at the studio. And suddenly... I realized how ridiculous this was (or maybe that was Vance...) especially considering the MEASLY size of my paychecks.
So today, I quit!
It's something I've considered doing for many months now. The decision was a hard one to make, and I know I will miss the work and my co-workers. It really was a fun place. Sadly, I never would have left if I was actually making a decent amount of money. I just couldn't hold out any longer. But... I am incredibly happy with my decision and excited for what the future holds :)
Now I'm looking for freelance work, applying for jobs in marketing, and launching my own photography business. Wish me luck! Fun times and I'm SUPER pumped for whatever life brings me!
Oh... and if anyone has any pointers I'm open to any and all ideas :)

2 comments:
Good luck with your new adventure. I am sure you will do great....Love the picture at the bottom of your post.
At Last! I have your feed directly into my netvibes page and I was starting to think it was a broken link.
Exciting stuff. It's a good step to take. Try to secure relationships with the best clients you've had over the last year or so. I don't know what sort of non-compete you may have, but do what you can to have those people connect with you and let them know you're on your own now!
Cool stuff!
Post a Comment